TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 This website (“our Site”) promotes the business referred to on it. In these conditions, the business will be referred to as ‘we’ and/or ’our’.
2. Accessing our Site
2.1 We cannot guarantee that our Site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt our Site or any computer system, server, router or any other internet-connected device.
2.2 You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use our Site and is compatible with our Site. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any content on our Site will be free from infection, viruses and/ or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output.
2.4 We reserve the right, in our discretion, to withdraw, suspend or modify our Site or certain features or parts of our Site with or without notice to you, where we have reason to do so. There may also be times when our Site or certain features or parts of our Site become unavailable, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any withdrawal, modification, unavailability, suspension or discontinuance of our Site or any service available on or through our Site.
3. Using our Site
3.1 You must use our Site and the information available from our Site responsibly. No such information may be used for or in connection with any unlawful, immoral or anti-social purpose, or in a manner which is or may be damaging to our name or reputation.
3.2 You cannot use our Site:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to send spam;
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us, our customers or suppliers;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of our Site;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on us or our suppliers’ communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy our Site or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how our Site works.
4. Intellectual property rights
5. If you provide content for our Site
5.1 If you provide any material to our Site (for example, by providing ratings and reviews, comments, articles or uploading any other content in any format (including video) (each “User Content”) you agree to grant us permission, irrevocably and free of charge, to use the User Content (including adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide, for our own marketing, research and promotional activities and our internal business purposes which may include providing the User Content to selected third party partners, service providers, social media and networking sites.
5.2 You own your User Content at all times, and you continue to have the right to use it in any way you choose.
5.3 By providing any User Content to our Site you confirm that such User Content:
- will not contain or promote anything illegal, harmful, misleading, abusive, defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation) or anything else that might cause widespread offence or bring us or our business partners into disrepute;
- does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, contract rights or any other rights;
- does not contain any virus or other code that may damage, interfere with or otherwise adversely affect the operation of our Site;
- will, if used to promote your own business or services, clearly and openly state your association with the particular business expressly; and
- will not contain any form of mass-mailing or spam.
5.4 If you do not want to grant us the permissions set out above, please do not provide any material to our Site.
5.5 We have no obligation to publish your User Content on our Site and we retain the right to remove any User Content at any time and for any reason.
5.6 We do not edit, pre-vet or review any User Content displayed on our Site. If you believe that any User Content does not comply with the requirements set out in this paragraph, please notify us immediately. We will then review the User Content and, where we deem it appropriate, remove it within a reasonable time.
6. Our liability
6.1 Although we hope our Site will be of interest to users, we accept no liability and offer no warranties or conditions in relation to our Site or its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
6.2 There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if someone dies or is injured because of our negligence or because we have committed fraud.
6.3 Under no circumstances will we, the owner or operator of our Site, or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing our Site be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of a statutory duty, even if foreseeable, for any loss of:
- profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- anticipated savings;
- business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- use of, or corruption to information; or
6.4 If we do not keep to these conditions, then we will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other losses whether such losses are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have done or not done in negligence, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site; any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on our Site or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
- theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission; or
- goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on any website which we link to from our Site.
7.1 Where our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
7.2 Any formal legal notices should be sent to us using the details set out on our Site.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
8.1 These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use our Site. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
8.2 The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of our Site and these conditions. We control our Site from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to our Site from other places around the world. Although, these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using our Site you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using our Site and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.
9. How to contact us
9.1 If you experience problems with our Site or would like to comment on it, please feel free to contact us by using the details set out on our Site.
1. Important notice
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including any related profiling). For more information about your rights and how you can exercise them, please see the section Your rights.
2. Personal Data we may collect and why
Personal data is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our products and services).
We may collect the following data about you:
- Contact details: your name, email address, and telephone number so that we can contact you in response to an enquiry you make via our Site or in relation to the products and services that we have from time to time agreed to provide to you;
- Correspondence: we collect any additional personal data you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our Site, by submitting a comment on our Site, or by any other means;
- Survey responses: information from surveys that we use for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- Transaction details: we or our third party providers will collect information relating to transactions you carry out through our Site and for the purposes of fulfilling your orders;
- Details of visits to the Sites: details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What are Cookies?
a. What cookies are used on this Site?
The cookies we and our business partners use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies.
- Social Sharing – We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Interest-Based Advertising – You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee. To try and ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown, but simply makes the adverts you see more relevant. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
b. How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
c. Third party cookies
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are used on our Site” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our Site. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
- If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website.
4. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To provide you with the products and services you have requested
We use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning customer to provide you with the products and services you have requested in accordance with the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading.
To send you service communications, including in relation to changes to our Trading Terms or Terms of Trading
We use the contact details you have provided to us so that we can communicate with you about the products and services that we provide, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services or to the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading between us or to any related information.
Direct marketing (including by third parties)
If you have provided your consent or we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your contact details to send you direct marketing and keep you informed of promotional offers by email, SMS, post or telephone relating to our products and services.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails or by contacting us.
Our trusted business partners would also like to use your name, email address, postal address and telephone number to inform you of similar products, services and promotional offers. We will only share your personal data with our partners where you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of their emails or by contacting us.
To track your usage of our website, communications, products and services
To provide and improve customer support
We use your personal data to be able to provide and improve the customer support we provide to you (for example, where you have questions about our products and services).
To maintain our records and improve data accuracy
Like any business, we process personal data in the course of maintaining and administering our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
To respond to enquiries, complaints and disputes
We use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you, in the most effective manner.
To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations
In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including for fraud detection, investigation and prevention purposes. This may require us to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies if they request it.
5. Legal grounds for processing
Data protection law requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out. These are as follows:
In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- sending you marketing communications about our products and services;
- sharing your name, email address, postal address and telephone number with our trusted business partners so that they may market to you about their own similar products and services;
- conducting marketing research;
- obtaining your credit score so that we can establish the best possible payment terms we are able to offer to you.
Necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
It is necessary for us to process your basic contact details, payment details and information about the business you represent for the performance of the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading between us. In particular, we rely on this legal ground to:
- provide you with the products and services;
- communicate with you about the products and services that we provide to you, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services or to the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading between us or to any related information;
- provide and improve customer support; and
- notify you about changes to our service
If you choose not to give some or all of the aforementioned information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
In certain circumstances, we also use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate and prevent fraud.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests or those of a third party
It is sometimes necessary to collect and use your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a business, which are to:
- provide you with products and services that are as useful and beneficial as possible, including by personalising our contact with you and making sure we tell you about all the offers that are relevant to you;
- better understand our customer base so that we can improve our products and services and marketing activities (which could also benefit you);
- comply with our contractual obligations to third parties;
- develop and improve our Site to enhance the customer experience;
- train our staff so that we can provide you with a better customer service;
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where we think there is a risk that one of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected we will not process your personal data unless there is another legal ground for us to do so (either that we have obtained your consent to the processing or it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations).
6. Who we share your personal data with
We may provide your personal data to our suppliers and service providers, including other companies in our group, who provide certain business services for us and act as “processors” of your personal data on our behalf. In addition, we may disclose your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety, of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
7. How long we keep your personal data for
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes(s) for which it was provided. What this means in practice will vary between different types of data. When determining the relevant retention periods, we take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law;
- potential or actual disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your personal data from our systems when it is no longer needed.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
What does this mean?
1.Rights to be informed
2.Right of access
3.Right to rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4.Right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enable you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
5.Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or supress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.
6.Right of data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
7.Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including in each case any related profiling).
8.Right to withdraw consent to processing
If you have given your consent to us to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, direct marketing), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data up to that point is unlawful).
9.Right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law.
9. Links to other websites
Warning – Warm Weather
Due to the warm weather we are experiencing please make sure the vase you keep your bouquet in is clean to deter bacteria that may damage the roses.
Please replace water daily – you will find extra flower food within the card.
The bouquet or arrangement should be kept in a cool place to prolong its life, out of direct sunlight.
Flower care for all deliveries
We ship our scented farm-grown roses and flowers directly to your door so most arrive in semi-bud form. This helps prevent damage during travel and gives you more time with your flowers. Please follow care steps and allow 1-2 days for your flowers to fully open.
Our roses may, as nature intended, start to shed their petals after about 5 days. There are however a number of things you can do to extend the life of your flowers.
- Place your flowers into fresh water with the flower food sachet provided (unless in oasis or a wreath)
- Always display your flowers in a cool room, away from bright sunlight or direct heat
- For maximum vase life change the water every other day (unless in oasis or a wreath) as bacteria in the water will shorten the vase life
Our roses are guaranteed to last for 5 days if the care instructions are followed.
There are some additional care instructions for specific types of arrangements:
- Remove flowers from their protective film and fresh bag and pour away the water
- Carefully remove any damaged petals from the outside of the roses
- Rinse the stems in clean water
- Cut 2.5cm from the end of the stems at a 45 degree angle
Basket, Hat box or Trio Arrangements
- Check that your arrangement base is not dry on arrival – if necessary, carefully pour a little water into the centre
- The arrangement should remain in the Basket and be watered regularly to ensure the foam base does not dry out
- Do not place the Basket directly onto a polished surface
Flower tube & Posy
- Fill your flower tube halfway with water and add the flower food provided. It is best to do this where you wish to display the flowers so that you don’t have to move the tube filled with water.
- Remove the posy from its protective packaging and fresh bag
- Cut the flowers to their desired length so that you can display them in the 6 holes in the tube
- Please open the box and let us know immediately if there are any problems on arrival (01730 818 300)
- If the flowers are in the form of bouquet or sheaf, then please check the water reservoir when they arrive with you and top up if necessary to ensure that the flowers have enough water to allow them to last/develop more before the funeral.
- If the flowers are in florist’s foam/oasis then please carefully pour some water onto the foam.
- On the day of the funeral please remove all packaging and all cellophane about 1 hour or so before the funeral
Bouquets and posies
- Bouquets will arrive in a water bubble but you need to remove them from this and pour the water away.
- Place the bouquet in a vase, pot or bucket. Add the flower food sachet to the water as instructed on the back of the sachet.
- Keep cool unless you would like the roses to open up more.
- Half an hour before you leave for the ceremony remove the bouquet from the water and remove excess water from the stems with a towel. The bouquet is finished with organza ribbon that will dry out quickly once the bouquet is removed from the water.
Petals, buttonholes and corsages
Please keep cool, in the fridge or cool room until required
Table arrangements supplied with vases or pots
- The bouquet will arrive in a bubble of water, take care to remove the packaging and pour the water away.
- The vase or pot will arrive wrapped in tissue. Unwrap and add water with flower food as instructed on the sachet.
- Keep cool until required. Keep an eye on the water level and top up if necessary.
DELIVERY AND RETURNS
We can deliver the next day if the order is placed on our website by 4:30pm. Our delivery days are Monday to Saturday.
Same day local deliveries and collections
We can offer same day delivery within a 15 mile radius of Holme On Spalding Moore call 07577753053 to speak to a member of the team to arrange. You may also like to collect from our shop and save on the delivery charge!
Our bouquets are beautifully wrapped in tissue and cellophane and placed in a water bubble to keep them perfectly fresh on their journey. A handwritten message card, flower food and care instructions will be enclosed with the bouquet.
V-Floral Atelier is located in Holme on Spalding Moor we offer same day delivery to this for free.
Standard Next Day Delivery
Service:- Mon to Sat 9:30am to 5pm
£7,5 for item to one delivery address
- Acaster Malbis
- Acaster Selby
- Barmby Moor
- Barmby on the Marsh
- Bishop Burton
- Bishop Wilton
- Broad Ings
- Burton Stather
- Burton upon Stather
- Cherry Burton
- Crockey Hill
- Dawker Hill
- East Common
- East Cottingwith
- East Cowick
- Flixborough Stather
- Full Sutton
- Gate Helmsley
- Hall Garth
- High Catton
- High Hunsley
- Hirst Courtney
- Holme on the Wolds
- Kilnwick Percy
- Kilpin Pike
- Kirby Underdale
- Kirk Ella
- Little Airmyn
- Little End
- Long Drax
- Low Catton
- Market Weighton
- Middleton on-the-Wolds
- Moor End
- New Arram
- Newton upon Derwent
- North Cave
- North Cliffe
- North Dalton
- North Duffield
- North Ferriby
- North Howden
- North Newbald
- Old Goole
- Osgodby Common
- Rascal Moor
- Rawcliffe Bridge
- Sand Hole
- Sand Hutton
- Seaton Ross
- South Bank
- South Cave
- South Cliffe
- South Dalton
- South Duffield
- South Field
- South Newbald
- Stamford Bridge
- Stockton on the
- Sutton upon Derwent
- Tang Hall
- Temple Hirst
- The Lawns
- Thorpe le Street
- Thorpe Willoughby
- Thorpe Wood
- Town End
- Upper Helmsley
- Walmgate Stray
- Water End
- West Cowick
- West Ella
- West End
- West Halton
What will happen if the recipient is not home to receive the flowers?
There is a comments section on the checkout pages which allows you to suggest a suitable place for the courier to leave the flowers if the recipient is not home. The flowers will, by default, be left on the step if possible or with a neighbour. If you would prefer that the flowers are not left on the step or with a neighbour but re-delivered by the courier then please specify this in the comments section. In this case a card will be posted through the letterbox and the recipient will need to telephone the courier depot to arrange for re-delivery. Please note that the courier will not call the recipient to ensure they are at home before delivery.
Payment Cards Accepted
We accept Paypal, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Maestro, Discover, Diners Club International, Union Pay, JCB, Apple Pay, Adroid Pay.
Two working days notice prior to the delivery date will be required for cancellations of bouquets and fresh petals. For other non-perishable products we require one working days notice prior to the delivery date. Should you need to cancel an order for any reason please e-mail us using the form in our Contact Us page or telephone us on 07577723053.
Amending Your Order
If you wish to make any other changes to your order you may do so by e-mailing us using the form in the Contact Us page of our site or by calling us on 07577723053. Please advise us 24 hours in advance of the delivery date to allow us time to make the changes that you would like.
In the unlikely event that your flowers arrive damaged please notify us within 24 hours. We guarantee our bouquets for up to 5 days and send the flowers with care instructions to ensure they are placed in the optimum environment, however if they fail to last for 5 days please do send us an image. We offer a no quibble refund or replacement policy but we do ask for an image so we can look into any issues thoroughly.
A majority of hospitals do not accept delivery of flowers, or require very specific delivery instructions. We always advice waiting until the poorly recipient is at home or checking with the hospital before placing an order, as we cannot guarantee delivery to hospitals that do not accept flowers.